Today I decided to start a new blog. This blog is mostly for myself, to document my story of fertiliy, or, as it turns out, infertility. I thought my days of TTC (Trying To Concieve) were long in my past, but that ugly monster just grew a new head and decided to rear them both in my face. So here it is, the story of how I got here, struggling to have kids. And hopefully, from here, my journey to another child.

It may be helpful to read it in chronological (reverse) order.

.

January 12, 2010

TCOYF

I'm not sure who recommended it to me or how I found it--probably it was someone on FF (Fertility Friend)--but early in my TTC journey, I bought the Bible of fertility: Taking Charge of Your Fertility (TCOYF). This book laid out everything clearly, concisely, and with pictures. Even the grossest stuff had clear drawings and actual photographs to help a woman figure things out. Through this book I learned:

To chart my BBT
To notice signs in my body that indicated ovulation was imminent
To examine my cervical mucus (CM)
To test my cervical texture
To evaluate my cervical opening
(all of which tell you where in your cycle you are)
Other methods of determining the highest phase of fertility
What positions are more likely to help egg and sperm unite
What your hormones should be doing at various times of the month
What problems you might have and what the symptoms are
What procedures are available to treat said problems, both medical and natural
And several hundred other important and useful bits of information relating to how a woman's reproductive cycle should work, can go wrong, and may be fixed.

If you are reading this and you don't have TCOYF, get it. GET IT NOW! And read the whole thing. You'll know more about your cycle after you read this book than your doctor. And make your man read it with you. It's good for him to know what is going on with you and to be able to support you in the things you'll need to do to get pregnant. 'Cause there are going to be some weird ones. And some inconvenient ones. And yes, sadly, some very unromantic ones. But you've got your whole life to be a sex kitten. Right now you're a baby making machine, and he needs to be the engineer.

No comments: