Today I decided to start a new blog. This blog is mostly for myself, to document my story of fertiliy, or, as it turns out, infertility. I thought my days of TTC (Trying To Concieve) were long in my past, but that ugly monster just grew a new head and decided to rear them both in my face. So here it is, the story of how I got here, struggling to have kids. And hopefully, from here, my journey to another child.

It may be helpful to read it in chronological (reverse) order.

.

April 19, 2010

And That's When Things Happened. Sort Of.

Back to blogging about the infertility....

So the month after my progesterone finally hit 10.2 (which was the 5th month on Clomid), we decided to take a break from Clomid. They say if Clomid is going to work, it will work within the first six months. And I was almost at six months. So I figured if it hadn't worked yet, why put myself through the hyper-ovulations again.

That month we:
1) Went off clomid.
2) Used Preseed (a sperm friendly lubricant. Highly recommend it)
3) Increased BD from every other day to every day (despite every other day being recommended as the optimal timing)
4) I had lost 12 lbs

So when I woke up, 10 DPO, and checked my temperature, and it showed an increase again, I decided to test. I knew from experience that testing at only 10 DPO is not the wisest thing to do. It's most likely going to give you a BFN, even if you are pregnant. Which will send you into yet another tailspin of depression and hopelessness. Which might end up being moot if you are indeed pregnant. But try telling a TTC woman with promising signs not to test at 10 DPO. You might as well tell the tide not to come in.

So I crept from my bed at 6:30am, stole to the bathroom, peed on a stick....

AND I GOT (drumroll please)....

A BFP!!!


Miracle of miracles!!! After 15 consecutive pregnancy tests in which the result area was as white as the driven snow, I woke up one morning and took a pregnancy test which showed the palest, faintest, most wonderful hint of a line.

I raced in to show DH, who was sound asleep. I'm sure he thought I was crazy. He joked not to wake him up to show him my urine ever again. But he sounded faintly excited too. I think.

That day I made an appointment to get my blood tested. I didn't say anything else to DH about the pregnancy test. I wanted to be sure before I really made a big deal of it.

No comments: